59:Do you prefer to wait for "what goes around comes around" or act without proper consideration?

I don’t believe that the saying, “what goes around comes around” necessarily insinuates waiting. I believe in living my life based on the ‘go around’ or based on my actions, and than using the results or the “come around” to modify my actions. Then, if when I modify my actions, the results are still not desired, I reevaluate my actions again. The key is in knowing when you are forcing something against nature and when you are going with the flow of it. That’s why decisions should not be based purely on logic but also on feeling. If you decide to do something and you feel that it’s wrong, don’t use your mind to justify it, it’s wrong! If you feel a certain way about something, use logic to figure out a solution, then determine how your solution feels. If you keep making these adjustments, you will make better initial decisions and adapt better to change.

The second part of the question.. As far as putting things in motion vs. thinking them through: don’t set things in motion without thinking about them, if you have the time. You should do both, feel AND think before you act, balanced. (in martial arts you must act knowing, not thinking – in life there are also time of ‘knowing’ but in general one should assume not to ‘know’ so that they can keep there ideas flexible and unattached to ego.) Again, thinking can only get you so far especially since we seldom have enough facts to make a purely logic based decision, feelings can lead to plans based on a fleeting emotion. Balance my friend.

Comments

  1. I ear you little brother, but it´s not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend our best qualities are brought about through challenge not ease.. but if brought about through ease - then we need less challenge.:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12: Do you have a problem with organized religion?

30: How can I find out about my previous incarnation?

62. Where does the will to live come from and can it be taught?